The Mohawk Regional Information Center (MORIC), one of 12 statewide Regional Information Centers, provides participating districts with access to state-of-the-art technology services, training, and support for teachers, students, and administrators.
Our Component BOCES
The Mohawk Regional Information Center supports students, educators and schools through
technology leadership, innovation and excellence."
Organizational Goals for 2016-2017
- Expand Model Schools’ professional development opportunities in order to ensure districts across the region have quality training and support as they implement instructional technologies through state and regional initiatives.
- Explore and develop emerging instructional technology services that support teachers as they implement instructional technologies aligned with national, state, regional, and district initiatives.
- Develop and implement professional development opportunities for emerging, research-based services and data tools to support the use of data by educational teams and stakeholders as they work to improve instructional practices and outcomes at all P-20 levels.
- Evaluate, develop, and promote policies and recommendations related to the collection, sharing, privacy, and security of sensitive data.
- Continue to explore, evaluate, and implement new and enhanced administrative systems and data integration to promote efficiency and data integrity.
- Evaluate telecommunications standards and infrastructure needs.